I am 22 weeks and i'm on bed rest and scared that my baby will be born too early.

Does anyone have any stories they can share. I am a first time mom an scared to death that my baby won't make it if he is born too soon.

firsttimer338

Asked by firsttimer338 at 7:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Are you having twinges? If you are I strongly advise getting medical help. If not, just stay calm, I was the same, and hated being at home on my own 'just in case', relax! And try to enjoy this, because when that lil boy is out, you'll forget what rest is.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I am not having twins. They put me on bed rest because when I had my last ultrasound at 21 weeks 5days my cervix was at 1.8cm 2 weeks before that it was at 2cm. So now bed rest. They said their goal was getting me past 24 weeks... can babies live if they are born that early?
    firsttimer338

Comment by firsttimer338 (original poster) at 7:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think 25 weeks and the baby can survive...but he will be in the NICU for a while. Good luck honey.
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 8:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• When i had my first son they put me on bedrest because like you i was thinning and dialated my son was born at 36 weeks and very healthy lil thing.. Try and stay off your feet as much as possible(although the pee rain strom lol).. i wouldnt have sex either.. that is suppose to bring on labor drink plenty of fluids and relax.. i hated bedrest and now i wish i could go back to bed LOL
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have high blood pressure during my pregnancies( ONLY) and they bed rest me for that. I have 4 kids and they all were born early weighing in at 6 lbs 14 oz(boy), 6 lbs 10 oz( boy), 5 lbs 14 oz(girl), and 5 lbs 9 oz(girl). Do not worry because they just makes it worst. Good luck
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Oh.. And yeah my nephew was born at early at 24 weeks weighed 1 lb and 8 oz and he is now a 8 yr old.
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thanks everyone for your responses! Its really scary... I am getting as much rest as I can and staying off my feet as much as I can, but its hard! Its nice to hear some success stories. I am ok with him being born early I just dont want it to be dangerously early, I want to be able to bring him home right away!
    firsttimer338

Comment by firsttimer338 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Do as your doctor advises and you should be fine. Bed rest sucks, I know been there three times in four pregnancies. Yes medical technology allows babies born as soon as 25 weeks a good survival chance, but that's in no way a guarantee. The longer baby is in utero the better. Good luck mama!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2011