Anyones s/o a Fracker? (or in the seismic industry?)

My SO just starting a job Facking, he was in the seismic industry before, but I'm worried about how dangerous it is! His brother-in-law, who got him this job, just almost got his head blown off!! What do you do about the stress level? Do you have life insurance on them and how would I go about do that for myself and our 3 kids? Any other tips

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 7:17 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would suggest looking at your employee packet from HR, and see what your options are for buying additional life insurance through them that are deducted from his paycheck. Sometimes that is the cheapest, you should also be provided a minimum amount of life insurance at no cost to you through the company.
    If this is a large petroleum/energy company you should get very good coverage at very good rates. His safety of course is what's important not the payment. And remember, life insurance was never created for people to live off of. Start googling safety infractions with this company and make sure they are not holding previous safety violations or have had numerous OSHA investigations.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:14 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My fiance works in the oilfield in coil tubing. He texted me last night saying this job was going terribly and someone made a mistake that could have blown them all up! :( I worry about him all the time. They also have to drive those big trucks and a car accident is a big fear also.
    He isn't under contract yet so he doesn't have health/life insurance..... I cover myself and our son on my insurance. I can't cover him since we are not married. They independent
    But I know what you are going through! You just have to pray and tell them you love them everyday.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Sorry, got distracted....******They have independent insurers out there...

CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2011