Should my husband wear a sports coat to a wedding?

I need your opinions ladies! My husband and I are going to a wedding in May, and we're trying to decide what he should wear. It doesn't specifically say on the invite if it's casual, dressy, or what. So, should he wear a sports coat or just shirt and tie?

Danda08

Asked by Danda08 at 7:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Thats a tough one. We went to a relatives wedding and I wore a nice dress and DH wore a suit. Most of the people there were wearing jeans!! We both felt way overdressed. Is there anyway to ask what others are wearing? I would rather be overdressed than under dressed. Perhaps he could just bring the sports coat and see what others are wearing before he decides.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would say just a dress shirt and tie, but bring the sport coat just in case!
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 8:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Where is it? If it is a beach wedding I wouldn't think so. If it is at a nice hotel then yes. It really depends on the location. But I think I would play it safe and have it with you in case he needs it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• really? listen to how that sounds lol no offense honestly but it seems crazy to me.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Do you know others that are going? I would ask them what they are wearing. A few months ago hubby and I went to a wedding. I had on a beautiful semi-formal dress and he had on a nice suit. People thought we were part of the wedding party because no one else was dressed up, even the parents of the bride were work casual and the wedding was held in a beautiful old building with marble floors and Victorian design so you can't even go by location.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would go by the location and time. The nicer the location the nicer you dress. If the wedding in early in the day it's more casual. The later in the day it is the more you dress up.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 10:48 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes, better to be overdressed than underdressed.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Suit
    malkaTZ

Answer by malkaTZ at 5:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2011