S/O "Christian Atheist"....

...."its a label for the kind of person that may even go to church sometimes, but the way that they live their lives is like an atheist."

How is it, exactly, that Atheists live in comparison to christians outside of not having an externally imposed moral compass?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 7:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was wondering this myself after reading that question.  I stay out of religious debates because I don't actually have one but wanted to show my support! 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• MrsH- I understand :)
    and an FYI- that color is really hard to read!
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• This doesn't make any sense to me. Christians believe in God, and Atheists don't. So really, using that term makes no sense and is not logical.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 7:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• that statement just threw me for a loop. We all know assumptions get us know where and make us look like fools when we have no facts to back them up. Atheist live horrible lives..you didn't know? lol I was of course being sarcastic on that one
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'll go bold instead of subtle then.  ;)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I do not presume to know what she was thinking, or meant- but I figured it would make for some interesting feedback. Or, at a minimum at least close the gap for some of, ahem, new members ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 7:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Atheist are out starting wars, sacrificing children and animals,...oh wait that must be the "christian" part of "christian atheist"....at least that's what I would tend to believe from all those bible stories!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• eh..I don't get how you can be an atheist and a christian at the same time.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would say they are more Agnostic then anything else. But that's my opinion. Plus that question just made my head hurt, must need more coffee and a smoke.
    daps

Answer by daps at 8:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• In this case, I settle for considering the source and leaving it at that
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:04 AM on Mar. 31, 2011