Does anyone have trouble with their teenagers being able to take care of electronics ?

She never loses her phone, even if it gets damaged. But, other mobile electronics get damaged or lost every time and no matter the price tag. .

twilanelson

Asked by twilanelson at 7:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• When mine were younger teens yes. As they have gotten older they have become more responsible. I think alot of people just assume their teens are young adults and automatically come into some knowledge and responsibility, when in fact as I remind my teens everyday all teen means is "non adult", they are still kids.Id say by the time they were 16 they got more responsible.

Answer by gemgem at 8:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Not really as teens- but I DO have to replace headphones/earbuds a LOT
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes, mines just left her at work. But we went back and got it
    Charleys

Answer by Charleys at 11:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Nope.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If they cant take care of things make them replace them with thier own money. There is no reason why you should have to buy several IPods for one child (or w/e they are losing). If you bought it for them then you should go ahead and give them a guilt trip "I spent $200 on that and you dont even care enough about it to keep track of it!?" They are old enough to understand that.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 1, 2011