I can not believe she thinks this is alright. Kind of a long vent.

My sister and I had a talk and I was telling her how I wished I could still go to a club and make the money I use to as a dancer to help her out. She is facing cancer and a surgery next week and has no family and if I was still dancing I would be able to have the money to fly her mom out there and help with some of her bills that are piling up because she lost her job over this. She said I don't want you to whore yourself out for me, and than proceeded to tell me how strippers are whores the only difference is penetration and continues to go off on how bad strippers are. Never mind when she thought I was still stripping she had no problems asking for cash for a car. Had no problems asking for money of any kind. Granted I never gave it to her than, but now I am a whore for what I did. And to top it off she sent me a message thanking me for the conversation saying she really needed it. What part did she really need the 10 mins of calling her sister a whore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow!  How ungrateful!  Hugs to you, that was just wrong.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 8:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• she is entiteled to her opinion.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 8:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• She is probably thinking of life differently now. I don't agree with you and your reasons behind it, but that is just me.
    Maybe her medications put her on edge. I know what she said bothers you but I would try my best to let it go.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 8:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Wow, maybe a reaction to some medications? She still needs your emotional support though.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• So wrong of her to say it that way. She was Probably trying to say that she thinks that you're better than that and it just came out as cruel and hurtful. Sounds to me like you are a loving and generous sister, add forgiveness to those qualities. Do tell her how you were hurt by those comments though, don't let something like that stand between you at a time like this.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 8:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have dealt with a few people battling cancer. It is NOT uncommon for them to get angry & say stupid things. There is so much going on in their head. I'm sure she wasn't calling you a whore to your face, but that is probably how it sounded to you.

I would take it with a grain of salt. You know yourself better than anyone & if you know you're not a whore...then don't let her words bother you. She could be envious that she is the one who is sick & you're not. She may have needed to vent to you in order to help herself feel better about her own situation.

Don't let it bother you, roll it off your back. If she weren't sick, i would say otherwise. But, the fact that she is sick changes the situation dramatically.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:09 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Opinions are like ass holes... every has one. I wouldn't let it eat at you. Faced with her own mortality she may just be more willing to share her really feeling on things. That and as we age our perspective changes, and she my feel differently about it now then she did back then. Be thankful that you were there for her and lifted her up when she was down... she may be in for the fight of her life right now and she's just leaving it all out on the table. She probably has no clue that feelings were hurt.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:10 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would have brought that she didnt mind it whenever you gave her money before and now she is calling you a whore. That woud make me so upset and I would have told her that she upset you.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• hmm some strippers might be whores but not all of them i think she would have been a little nicer seeing as you werent like "man imma go back to dancing to get a new car.. maybe ill stop by n c u after sergery..." you were bein totally selfless even a thanks for the thought but i rather you not would have been nice... SRY MOMMA!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• (sorry for the typos.... my son was sitting on my lap!!)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:13 AM on Mar. 31, 2011