What are some of the best

things to eat/ drink while pregnant???

*i do not have the best diet.. mc donalds at LEAST once a week soda everyday. This is my second pregnancy and I really want to keep the lil one healthy any suggestions???

I know you need to drink plenty of water but is there anything else you can hydrate yourself with???

kylansmommy09

Asked by kylansmommy09 at 8:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Omg finally someone I can relate to yay lol , I'm pregnant this is technically my 3rd( previous miscarriage) but I been craving all the wrong foods, I been eating a lot of chinese food and italian food pizza, lasagna etc , I know I should eat whole grains, fruits and vegetables but my cravings are so strong, as for drinking I drink those flavored seltzer waters, it gets the gas out and not bad like soda, good luck and if I see something online that can help I'll definitely post it for you, if you google sample pregnancy diet or menu they give great ideas that's what I've been doing
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Oh dear....ditch the mc donalds and soda. Have you seen Super Size me or Food Inc? I encourage you to watch it. Eat organic fruits and veggies to start with. Also eat organic meat when you can.
    MichelleAlpha

Answer by MichelleAlpha at 8:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Decaf tea. I ate tons of watermelon since water gave me heartburn.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Cook at home and flavor your food with herbs and spices - it makes a HUGE difference. Get lots of whole grains, fruits and veggies. I found that if I ate all of the recommended food in a day, I wasn't actually hungry for much else. Think about it - you are supposed to consume 4.5 to¬†6 CUPS of fruits and veggies in a day!

For hydration, water flavored with a little bit of fruit (lemon slices, chunks of fresh ginger, sprigs of fresh mint, etc.) can be good. If you don't want to make it yourself, or you think you'll miss the fizz of soda, try some of the sparkling waters available (Canada Dry and Le Croix make some) - they are sparkling water with natural flavors added. BE CAREFUL! Those are sold in the same isle (at least in my store) with sparkling waters that are artificially flavored and sweetened - you will want to steer clear of those while pregnant.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:52 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/21/mcrunner-sets-personal-re_n_838382.html

You can eat mcdonald's and be healthy. They have plenty of choices, which ones are you choosing?

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:02 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• ive seen that movie and still eat there.. :( i know i shouldnt but the bad stuff always tastes so good :(
    kylansmommy09

Comment by kylansmommy09 (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Comment by kylansmommy09 (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• And congrats on the lil one mommy!!!!!!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Comment by kylansmommy09 (original poster) at 8:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Drink Iced Tea and you can eat whatever you want as long as your watching your portions but no FAST food lol
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 11:41 AM on Mar. 31, 2011