How often does your candidate/issue lose?

And, when you do cast your vote, do you usually feel like you know whether or not you'll win or lose?

Considering candidates and ballot measures I'd have to say I'm probably losing about 70% of the time.

Whether or not i'll win or lose...when it comes to candidates, yes i usually know, but issues...i usually don't.

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 9:13 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• In all honesty I guess nationally it has been about 50/50 when it comes to candidates. Locally though I have not had someone lose that I voted for. Locally is different though because we are a small community and most of us have the same ideals for our area and same values. Obviously that comes into play when we are voting for new school board members, DA's and all of that.

Answer by gemgem at 9:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• In primaries, I lose consistently. teehee
    oh well..the general elections I fair well more than fifty percent of the time.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:18 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• In primaries, I lose consistently.

Answer by jewjewbee

Me too.

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• 70% win
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My vote for President is 2 for 2. (I've only been old enough to vote in 2 elections)

Otherwise - not great. I'd say less than 50%. (Same goes for any "pick" I've ever had on American Idol, Bachelor, SYTYCD, etc. My guy/girl NEVER wins! LOL.)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I am not good at choosing primary winners. I suppose I am at 50-50 on the president. I am usually a big loser where our states issues are concerned. In Oregon the east side of the Cascades is more conservative..the west more liberal.......guess which side has the highest population?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• For Presient 0 for 1 (08 was the first time i could vote and i voted for McCain.)
    jhcz

Answer by jhcz at 11:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• National Primaries- over 50% not in my favor
    Issues- 70% not in my favor
    Local- over 50% in my favor.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I did not vote for Carter and I did not vote for Clinton the first go around. The rest of the Presidential elections, I have gone with the country. Local/state about 50/50. Issues- usually NOT in my favor.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Local issues are usually a win for me. Locally, my candidates have been doing well. Nationally, there is not a snowball's chance in hell for the people I'd like to see in office
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2011