Preparing and Panicking

I'm 34 wks pregnant, and thought I had everything together. I've got a year's supply of diapers and wipes, clothes for up to 2 yrs, etc. But there are things I keep on thinking of that I NEVER even thought about that I would need....

Where can I find like a checklist or something so I can make sure I absolutely have what I'll need?

srhmldndo

Asked by srhmldndo at 5:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://www.surebaby.com/baby_checklist.php
    http://www.expectantmothersguide.com/library/newjersey/bringing.htm
    http://www.photoinnovation.com/new-mom-checklist.html

These were a few of the sites I used. Now that my son is born though I have learned that you just need to take it a day at a time. The big things to keep in mind are the things that you will need to keep your baby safe. One of the most important things for my some was his nasal aspirator. You will be fine. Everyone feels like this for their first child.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 6:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• WHoa! Are you planning on never leaving your house? I have TWO kids and I am still not totally prepared! Everything will be okay alot of the junk that you can buy, you may NEVER need! Spend the next few weeks relaxing and resting! You will need it!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• LOL at the above comment! Yeah I plan on leaving eventually! I just come from a family that keeps well stock of everything, and I'm glad I did, because my hubby just lost his job last week... I just don't want to have to do a lot of midnight running when she finally gets here, because we live SOO far away from town!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• as long as you have diapers (which you obviously do haha) and formula and bottles a binky and blanket you won't have to do any mid night running :) Stop stressing and relax.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• All you need are diapers and some clothes. You will be holding and breastfeeding your baby, so what else do you really need? When your realize that you need something you can go and get it!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• hehehe..Take a deep breath and relax..truthfully you are never going to be fully prepared for having a baby..theres countless things that are like..wtf? I need that? ...wth is that? lol..you will be fine..Basics: Diapers,Wipes,Formula(ifformulafeeding!),Bottles,Nipples (buy a variety, you have no idea which kind the baby will take), a Binki..Clothes, Blankets, Burp Clothes (i used cloth diapers for the spitting up cuz we couldnt find burp cloths)..a baby first aid kit that includes: nail clippers, thermometer, and such..Crib, Stroller, Carseat..oh and i reccomend a bouncer or some sort..other than that your pretty much jumpin around wondering..things will come about when you need them..only buy those then! good luck!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 6:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Baby's R us has a pretty good checklist, also check out parents.com. and other parenting sites.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2008