Would you buy your daughter a breastfeeding doll?

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A new doll called the "Breast Milk Baby" is stirring up loads of controversy among parents across the country.
The doll is manufactured by Berjuan Toys and was originally distributed in Europe.
It was released in Spain in 2009 under the name Bebe Gloton.
Now, it is making its spring debut in America and not everyone is happy about seeing the doll on the shelves of their local stores.
The " Breast Milk Baby" comes with an apron style top with flowers in place of nipples, allowing young girls to hold the doll to their chest and mimic breastfeeding.
The doll also cries and makes sucking noises while being fed.

Link text

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• thats a big n-o
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:24 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Depends on how expensive it was.....girls mimic breastfeeding with regular dolls if the women in their lives breastfeed....Honestly, I never liked the dolls that did stuff....I prefer rag dolls the most.....but my kids liked them, so they got one or two that wet....and was made of plastic...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i've already stated my opinions and reasons to why i object to this doll in other posts. to be blunt, it's inappropriate
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No I dont need to. My dd has outgrown the pretend to breastfeed age, and my granddaughter who is 2 already pretends to do it with her regular dolls.

Answer by gemgem at 9:27 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• YES! if thats what she wanted its just like a bottle feeding doll but she wants to be a REAL mommy and breastfeed NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!! (not bashing formula mommies)
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'm sorry but no. The day I'd buy one of those is the same day I'd buy an anatomically correct doll couple and they "make babies". There are things in life that are natural but do need to wait until adulthood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I've got boys, so I can only speculate. My thought is that I wouldn't go out of my way to track that doll down, but I wouldn't ban it from my house. Since babies are actually fed this way, I don't think have a doll that mimics the behavior is "bad" and I don't really understand the controversy - unless there are people who think that breastfeeding play is fundamentally different than other types of baby-care play. To those people, I'd like to know why that is.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• wow...voting down opinion answers. i can see the children are on today. it's the unintelligent children who vote down answers that don't mimic their own beliefs.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Absolutely. I'm more offended that a child bottle feeding a doll is socially acceptable.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No. If she wants to pretend to breast feed (which she did) why does she need a specific doll? She can use any doll for that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:33 AM on Mar. 31, 2011