Toddler Eating Help

My daughter will be 1 on 4/21. She is a great eater my issue is that she screams until she gets the food and then screams when it's gone. I know that she is getting enough. For breakfast she usually eats a 1/2 tub of baby fruit and 1 whole egg, pack of low sugar oatmeal, cream of wheat, 1/2 a whole grain waffle. Lunch and dinner is usually 4oz steamed veggies and fruit, not baby food, 2 baby meat sticks, veggie pasta. She drinks lots of water, maybe 4-5oz, and 1 cup of juice before breakfast, 2oz prune juice w/ water, she has juice every morning cause she is prone to constipation. She drinks about 12-15oz of whole milk.

Any suggestions for how to handle the screams/protesting?

Momma2Miranda

Asked by Momma2Miranda at 9:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would just hand her another cup of water and take her away from the table. It's bound to be just a habit she's formed if she's eating as well as you've said.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It sounds like she is getting plenty to eat. Don't let he stay in her high chair after she is done eating because then she will expect more to eat. Make sure you take her out and give her a sippy cup. You may have to let her cry until she gets in the habit of letting you know she is ready to get down. I hope this helps!
    abutler1032

Answer by abutler1032 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• maybe some snacks.. cheerios, puffs.. or just a sippy of milk after
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2011