Do you allow your children?

To watch Barney and Friends?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Entertainment

• My kids watched Barney and I don't see a big deal with it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:00 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• sure, doesnt mean I have to enjoy it.. we don't seek it out but it's better than some of the junk on TV now with these little girls prancing around in little tiny shirts and skirts wearing make up and talking hormonal teen boys. my toddler doesnt need to see hannah montana or icarly kind of shows.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No. he is banned.

Answer by gemgem at 9:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• NO!!!! We are a Barney Free House!!!! I can't stand Barney... he's a big dope!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• NO, I think it's creepy that he sneaks the kids off and that it's supposed to be a secret from adults. I don't let my kids watch any show where I don't feel like there is appropriate adult representation because I think it sends the wrong message.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:58 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Nope. We also ban Wiggles, Boobas, teletubbies and doodle bops.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:01 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My kids love watching Barney.  It's new to them and exciting so we're going to take what we can from it and then they'll find a different show to watch.  I find the show annoying but it's not for me, it's for them. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Barney is still on??? I wouldnt ban it, but I wouldn't go looking for it either. my 4 yr old doesnt hardly even like sesame street anymore..
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I did when they were younger...what's wrong with Barney? Is the some Barney controversy I've missed? I thought it was a great show that reinforced friendship, loyalty, and good manners.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I didnt. Barney teaches your kid to be a follower, not a leader. Plus that song is enough to make anyone go postal.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2011