is it normal for my heart to race during pregnancy

windyajm

Asked by windyajm at 5:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Health

• yes its totally normal. your whole body is "working" really hard when you are pregnant. youre producing more blood (for the baby), feeding the baby in your uterus ect ect... everything that happens in your pregnancy effects the heart. its working more than before. if though, your heart rate is getting too high and you feel strange/dizzy/light headed.. then please go to your doctor.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Man, I used to get SO scared when my heart would do that. It was like it would add extra beats every now and then...I thought I was oging to have a heart attack! The doctor said it was fine. They were heart palpatations.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i had that. i actually developed dangerously high blood pressure. they check that at every appointment. your doctor will notice if its that.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 8:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• yes i had this also when i preggo.....i would just slow down if you feel it coming on take some slow deep breaths and make sure to tell your doctor.....
    Momof3Squirts

Answer by Momof3Squirts at 8:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2008