Sleeping advice for mom?

My son is going on seven weeks. What are good sleeping tips. What did you do did it work?

BraydinsMommy09

Asked by BraydinsMommy09 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 7 weeks the best advice is, let him sleep when he wants, and if you need sleep do it when he sleeps. 7 weeks is too young for a schedule if that's what you are asking.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If you are talking about you getting sleep, then sleep when he sleeps. That's what I did.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I always swaddled my kids and laid them down awake but sleepy. With my oldest I put on a classical CD, with my younger 4 we had a motion and sound activated "heartbeat bear" that mimicked the sounds heard in utero. The bear also came with a very small blankie that I wore under my shirt while they were awake and then tucked in with them when they went to bed so they had my scent with them. I also started their nighttime routine very early around 3 weeks(bath, pjs, breastfeed, read a book, sing a song, say prayers, lay down). All 5 of mine were sleeping at least 8 hours at night by 2 months.

Answer by missanc at 10:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If you are asking what are good tips for yourself then sleep when he sleeps during the night and nap at least once during the day when he is sleeping. Otherwise, if he is not sleeping during the night then make sure you are not waking up to his every wimper. The key is making sure he is comfortable and helping him get back to sleep when he wakes. I know it sounds bad, but there were times when I had to prop my babies bottle or I was really irritable. Every child is different so it will be up to you to find what ultimately works for you! Good Luck!
    abutler1032

Answer by abutler1032 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• What worked for me was napping when baby napped, and co sleeping.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• lol. at 7 weeks schedules still are unpredictable. best advice.. nap when you need it when baby naps.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• people always tell me to sleep when the baby naps, but my boy doesn't even nap even if he does it's not more than 30min so that doesn't work for me at all. When my son did not sleep thru the night, I usually have my mom or someone to help me couple of hours so I can go take a nap.

Now he's 4 months he sleeps about 9 to 12 hours. I basically keep the same routine every night I bath him and around 8 hold him in the same position like every night and sing a song, say I love you, tell him to go sleep and end with a kiss. He usually goes to sleep when I tell him to, it's like he understand what i'm telling him. Make sure you do all these in a dark room
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 2:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I let my daughter sleep when she wants. She's 6 months, and I still follow that. I don't plan on starting her on a routine til about 8 months...DH has been gone for Army training, and it's impossible to be on a schedule right now.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2011