I have lost 50% of my hair and I am only 23. Please help me.. Any cosmetologists that can give me any advice??

I have went to the doctor a few months ago to check out my thyroid levels and everything was great. I am still losing clumps of hair everyday. It is so thin now. I am so depressed and I don't know what else to do.. If I cut my hair do you think my hair will fall out even more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Health

• I don't know hun :( Maybe stress? I'll bump your question
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Okay Redken has a new product called intraforce,, go to www.intraforce.com and watch ! I have seen amazing results from this product! If you cut your hair it may appear fuller, but won't help or hurt with the hair loss. Did you have a baby not too long ago? Would you say you lose a handful of hair or 3 or 4 when you shampoo? Did you dye or perm your hair before this started? I am sorry to be so nosy, but it may help me determine what is going on. I have been a stylist for 20 years, and have sold professional products for the same amount of time,, and honestly I have never seen anything work like this intrafore, after you visit the website, feel free to PM me,, I will be back from work about 4 PM Good luck, and hang in there all is not lost!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• do some research online about hair loss, unfortunately i dont know much on that. but i doubt cutting it will make a difference.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Elepecia (sp?)... You should see a dermatologist, and have some more labs drawn by your Dr.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Start eating a lot of protien. I did a lot of reasearch on the lapband and gastric bypass. A lot of people talk about their hair falling out after they have had these procedures and the most common thing is start eating a lot of protien. Like peanut butter and maybe a protien vitamin.
    Angela_1974

Answer by Angela_1974 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Alopecia can occur for a few reasons. Nutritional imalances, post partum effects, but mine, mine was from PCOS. One indicator was I passed all my thyroid tests. I used nioxin, and several other brands as well. Nothing worked but letting it grow back. I will say that the Nioxin Oral Vitamins, really did make a difference. Keep your scalp free of debris by using tea tree shampoo and conditioners, it will encourage healthy regrowth!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Hair loss is usually predisposed genetically by your your mother's father. If you know his history and he was bald it might just be a genetic thing. There is a great deal more than thyroid that can trigger hair loss than thyroid. Also find out if your doctor did a full thyroid screen including checking your TSH levels. The combination of weight loss, hair loss and depression could be a vitamin D deficiency or other deficiency or signs of a bigger problem. I would follow up again with your doctor about all of these symptoms and ask him to readdress it or get a second opinion.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 12:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Go to a different Dr. Hair just dosnt fall out for no reason. There are many conditions that will cause hair to thin out allot. Including giving birth. Find a better Dr.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• check it out with a dermatologist.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011