Is scrambled eggs ok go give an 8 month old? what foods can I NOT give her?

i pretty much give her anything I can off my plate either smashed up or in one of the netted eathing things... but i wasn't sure about eggs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are not supposed to give whites just yet, so you can separate the eggs, and just scramble and cook up the yolks.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• They say not until a year. Personally I gave them to my girls anywyas and they are fine. I am sure I will get downvotes, but I was the same way, what I was eating I would feed my girls smashed up. What I did stay away from was peanut butter and honey.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• What the previous poster said was correct. Yolks are ok, but the whites they say are not...you could always talk to you pedi.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• what is wrong with the whites? that is weird to me lol if you can have 1 part why not the whole thing? lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I gave them to my children at that age and they were fine. If there are no allergies in your family, it really shouldn't be a problem. The only thing I avoided was honey.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:37 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't like my pedi at all.. I am on a waiting list in JULY for a new one :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Some people have allergies to egg whites. I gave my kids eggs around a year. I never heard they shouldn't eat them until much later.

If you feed eggs to your LO, just watch for any reaction.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I thought the same thing about the whites I just gave the whole thing to them. Just watch for a reaction like sleeping said. That's what I did. My girls did fine with them.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i did at 8 months with my first no problems
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• the bigger ones are peanuts or peanut butter and shell fish. you are suppose to wait on .. or if any family member has an allergy to a food you are suppose to wait on until 2.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2011