My baby still eats every 3 hours 7 oz at 8 monhts old? is that normal?

I give her jar food and that doesnt matter it;s still every 3 hours.. lol not a big deal or anything just thought it was a little weird... she likes her food :)

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 10:35 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 9 month old twins are both still eating every 3 hours. Occasionally (usually once a day) I can get them to go 4 hours between feedings.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 1:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Is she on a routine? I would try to encourage her to eat as soon as she wakes and then have her play until she is sleepy and then lay her to nap. the eat play nap routine will help stretch the time between feedings. It has been a while since I had a 8 month old but that seems frequent to me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:38 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• That's what my girls ate at 8 months.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• yeah we are pretty much on a routine.. but no matte what we do we gotta fit those bottles in.. like today I was trying to put her down for a nap 2.5 hours after her bottle but she was to hungry and had to eat first
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• that makes me feel better! thank you.. my son didn't eat that often at that age but she sure does~ lol... she has eatin like this since birth, hasn't changed at all lol just the amount
    randilinn

Comment by randilinn (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thats exactly what my 7 month old is eating too I dont think its a big deal at all unless your Dr. says so
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 11:26 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My 8mo takes 6oz bottles every 2 hours during the day.
    Well, he's just recently started to change his routine and is now going 3 hours between bottles sometimes and we've started doing baby food instead of his 2nd bottle of the day. He'll be 9 months on the 14th.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My 9 mth old is eating baby food and cereal, but he is also having 6-8 oz of formula every 2-3 hours as well. I dont worry about it, if he is hungry, hes hungry. Those little things use up alot of energy, especially now that they are getting mobile. :)
    NewMomAt39

Answer by NewMomAt39 at 3:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2011