Kitten poop...not really tmi but gross lol

i have 2 kittens that are around 6 weeks old. they have been eatting soilds for about 2 weeks, mom got hit by car, but they are having trouble pooping soild...its liquidy. thier food dish is refilled when empty and same with their water. we cant afford a vet right now so any advice would be great!!

dreamangel06

Asked by dreamangel06 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pets

• If it's wet food, that might be the cause. When you get the money you should have them dewormed. That may also be causing it.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Give them dry kitten food once or twice a day at the most.

Answer by older at 10:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• they're probably still a little too young to get just solids. I know you can get kitten formula at the pet store. you might want to try that.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:51 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Sounds like worms to me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Switch to dry food they will poop solid. Let me know.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• they have been eatting dry food for a few days. that was the first thing we thought of
    dreamangel06

Comment by dreamangel06 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If you are feeding a low quality brand of food, that could be causing the diarrhea. If the brand you are feeding has corn, wheat, soy, unnamed meat byproducts, I would suggest switching. Cats are obligate carnivores, which means they MUST have MEAT in their diets...named meat like chicken, NOT "meat and bone meal" or "animal fat".
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 6:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Also, they most likely have worms or some other parasite. I'm not sure about kittens, but I know that all/most puppies are born with worms. They need to go to the vet to be dewormed. The stuff that you buy in stores does not work!
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 6:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• They have to be dewormed by a vet. Most cats are born with worms. The vet might just give you the pills without seeing the babies, since cost is an issue. I think they are too old for formula, just my opinion.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011