What can I do to keep my energy level up?

Lately I have no energy to clean our house. All I do is eat, go to work, eat, then go to bed very early. And during the weekend I sleep a lot. I am so tired all the time.

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 11:07 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Eat a balanced diet, and force yourself to do what needs to be done. Especially if no one else in the house is willing to help.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• What kind of foods are you eating?

Pregnancy is a tiring process and nothing can really "fix" that but eating good energizing foods can help. Eat small frequent meals full of good protein, whole grains, fruits and veggies. Also make sure you're staying well hydrated.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'm eating a variety of things. Breakfast: hard boiled eggs and toast, Snack: carrots, celery, fruit, Lunch: Varies I had a hot dog today. Dinner: I usually just want a grilled chesse sandwich. Last night I had shrimp and I don't think I'll have that for a while. I woke up at 4:00am sick for 2 1/2 hours. I've been dizzy all day.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Pregnancy is very demanding on our bodies, sleep whenever you can, there will be little of that when the baby arrives. Make sure to take your vitamins, stay hydrated and eat wholesome foods. Take care of yourself.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I need this same help!
    Mommylovesu2011

Answer by Mommylovesu2011 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would say your are growing a child, that takes work. So do what must be done and rest as much as you can. After the kid comes you will not have much more energy until the baby starts sleeping through the night. Take care of you and your growing child, the house will get done eventually.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Be sure you get the rest you need when you need it. Being pregnant is tough work. Also drink a ton of water. If you are dehydrated you can feel sluggish.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It sounds to me like you may need some more protein. Protein is very important during pregnancy. I'd suggest looking into Dr. Brewer's pregnancy diet. It's what I followed and I felt pretty good all throughout my pregnancy.

http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id96.html
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 1, 2011