Ok So I just have ask, would this offend you??

My DH was going out of town for work this past Sunday so Saturday night as a family treat we went to Ruby Tuesdays. I love their salad bar! hubby and I both ordered the salad bar and an entree. DS got his own meal too. DS has always been a great eater so he was chowing down off our plates and then ate his plate too. The whole time our waiter is saying what a great eater you have there, yada yada.

Then when I'm almost done with my plate he starts saying things like you're a good eater too and You doing a good job keep it up. I was like OK well, whatever.

Then we order a couple cup cakes cuse it was a special outing and DS had cleaned his plate and been good the whole night. Our waiter then says way to go cleaning your plate. You really hung in their and finished it up. You're a trooper! I thought he was talking to DS and said yeah he did a really good job. The waiter then said no I was talking about you.

DH was in the bathroom when the last part happened.

The waiter hadn't been very good anyways. He forgot things like ketchup when asked and was very slow to come to our table. He was also slow to get to other tables. managers brought out food to a couple of his tables.

I have a large chest , I'm 5'6" and weigh 148 lbs. I have a few more lbs to lose so I will be considered healthy. But this guy made me feel like a cow. I was hungry, I came to eat so I ate. Big deal. But now I keep going over this in my head.

Thanks for listening(reading) sometimes it's just good to tell another girl and there aren't a lot of them around here.

Liamsmom09

Asked by Liamsmom09 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Health

• I think he was trying to flirt with you and just didnt have the finesse to pull it off, thats why he waited until DH was gone. I bet if you think about it, he had a wonderful view of your beautiful chest too didnt he. It wasnt your meal sugar he was directing his attention to..it was you. He just used your dinner as a conversation point as middle grown to get your attention. Think about...you know I right here. Dont take a stupid mans words to heart without taking into consideration his actions and/or motives behind it. He just went about it very poorly. You must see where his advances were retarded, but obvious just the same. What a jerk...next time you see him you will be prepared to call him out about minding his manners.... dont be nice, tie into his azz, but sweetly like only a lady can...LOL!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 11:46 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I wouldn't have took offense to my weight, but question as to why he was talking to me like a child.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would have told him to get on his damn job and quit commenting on how I, an ADULT was eating.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• He sounds like a jerk to me and I wouldn't have let it get to me, but he also would not have gotten a tip either. Actually, I might have added something like "learn some manners" on the tip line of the ticket. LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• He was probably new, and trying to appear sincere and get a good tip. Sometimes this happens when they try toooooo hard and end up sounding like idiots lol.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:31 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• he sounds immature and probably is lacking social skills. If that job is the best he can do, then you knowhe is not too smart and it was just his inability to deal with people.I wouldn't worry about it.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:36 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would not be offened by a Waiter who works at Ruby Tuesdays! LOL! You should have told him "Good Boy!! & your a good Ruby Tuesdays waiter too!!".
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:42 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• His comments were wrong and not the way professional wait staff conduct themselves. Chances are good that you will never see him again, so try to just forget it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:32 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I personally would email their corporate office and let them know about his comments. Maybe once as a joke was ok noting the little one being a good eater - but the way he carried on his commentary to YOU, was unacceptable. I'd be totally turned off of that place and let the establishment know it. But I'd go to corporate on it and let them contact that franchise directly.

He should keep his personal comments to himself.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• EEWWW!! I would of been angry... by no means is 148 and 5'^" big! That was uncalled for and I would have talked to the manager! You are no a child or fat. Even if you were fat thats not way for a waiter to treat you. How freaking RUDE!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 31, 2011