my 7 week old has been extremly fussy in the evenings. she wants to feed every 5 min (breast) only to pull off with in a min or two and cry. help

fussy 7 week old

eyelashing

Asked by eyelashing at 9:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh one other thing. At 7 weeks they're in the middle of a major growth spurt so they'll want to feed often. My Jordain went from 8lbs to 11lbs and 6oz within a month.
    vr3star

Answer by vr3star at 9:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Try switching breasts, try burping her. Also, make sure you aren't eating or drinking anything that might affect her. Call and talk to a lactation consultant. I'm sure if you googled La Leche League there should be a number. Whatever you do, hang in there hun!! Breastfeeding is hard, but it's the best by far, and don't let ANY moron tell you you aren't producing enough milk, because that is extremely rare. It takes time and practice... =) Feel free to PM me whenever you need some help, I'm a proud breastfeeder and I love to help other breastfeeding mamas!! =)
    workathome01

Answer by workathome01 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My daughter does that a lot but it always turns our that she's just tired and needs to go to sleep. Sometimes it frustrates me really badly because she'll fuss and feed and get off (breast) within a min and fuss and cry. It's really annoying but I just have to be patient and keep trying to get her comfortable.
    vr3star

Answer by vr3star at 9:22 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Maybe she wants a pacifier? Maybe she just wants to suckle and not feed, and gets frustrated with the breast because she is not hungry. I'de try a pacifier
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:52 PM on Jul. 9, 2008