Will you videotape or take pictures of your c-section?

I might have some pics taken but I'm not sure if I could handle seeing it. I guess when it's over, it's over! Maybe I will enjoy the pics of baby being pulled out?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't have any video or pictures of my first c-section...and I gotta say, I don't feel like I'm missing anything! lol. I'm happy with the pictures of my sweetie after she was born and cleaned off, and I'm convinced I'd probably find any surgery-related pictures just disturbing. :) :) :)

So nope...not for me. I think I'll tell my hubby to leave the camera at home (again)!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• it depends on the hospital i think.

my husband wasnt allowed to take any pictures of the c-section. There have been just too many people in the room. and im happy he wasnt allowed to, because i need him to calm me down. but on the other hand i would love to have a picture of my daughter when they pulled her out. hihi
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I have pictures of my baby right when they pulled her out from the c-section. It is very strange LOL, but It is a picture I wouldn't of want to miss. If you'd like to see it to make your decision then message me.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• My husband was in the room and I was pretty out of it. I would get him to bring in a camera. He doesn't have to take gory pictures of them cutting you or sewing you up (mine didn't) However he got an awesome shot of my little boy taking his first breath and letting out a scream and I will treasure that picture forever especially since I couldn't see anything over that drape. He took pictures of them cleaning him up and then we got a nurse to do a family shot of all 3 of us. I say take as many pictures as you can. I feel like we did good getting pictures of the c-section but not enough of us in the hospital together. i am still upset about that. it's better to have them and get rid of the ones you don't want than to not have what you want and still regret it 3 months later like me.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• oh ya...I don't think you would want to see them pulling your baby out. I've watched a c-section and I thought to myself I never want one of those but it had to happen. If you already aren't a blood and guts person I'd suggest not getting them. Also it's a lot of pressure on your tummy and it probably wouldn't make that cute of a picture. But like I said...more is better take all you want and get rid of what you don't later. That's the joy of having a digital camera.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2008