When ur a stay at home mom, when do u have time to find friends

hello, im a sahm and don't get out much.. im trying new things hoping it helps .. but im still having time to leave my house to do anything?

lil_boo_kandi

Asked by lil_boo_kandi at 11:50 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• Seriously though....I talk to the friends I'd made before becoming a SAHM.  I've made some nice connections online as well.  Try playgroups.  Meetup.com is a nice place to start.

Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:53 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I am a sahm and have alot of real life mom friends, you just have to meet moms with the same interests. For me my kids play sports so we have a group of the moms who all hang around because our kids are on the same team, have been on the same team, or what have you. My dd also does cheer, so I also have moms who are cheer moms like I am. It is really a matter of finding common interests and yes most of those interests will have to do with your kids, you are a sahm after all.

Answer by gemgem at 11:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I didn't have many friends when I was a SAHM. I had one best friend from high school and that was it. I didn't make any new friends until Aden was almost a year and a half and I started working part-time. That was when I met my current best friend.
    Good luck.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I guess I am lucky. I have two very good SAHM friends. I was working part time, up until a couple of days ago, and it was hard to make new friends but since I have been home I have been doing a lot of play dates at the park and met a couple of new people that way.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I met tons of other moms once my kids were toddlers/preschoolers through their activities. We went to MOPS, library story hour (our actually has a baby time, not sure how old your kiddo is), I set up general playdates at different playgrounds and then sent out invites to the other moms at his preschool, and then I set up private playdates with the moms that I connected with, mommy & me classes (try your Parks and Recreation Department for some low cost options)

Answer by missanc at 12:02 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I meet a few friends on a local website. I keep in touch with my old friends. I also belong to MOPS and a scrapbooking group, and although I'm not 'friends' with all the ladies there, it does give me adult interaction.

I also volenteer. I get out of the house once to twice a week during the evening by myself (one of those times is Weight Watchers).
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• "UR" instead of "YOUR" and "YOU'RE"....wow...It sure looks like you TEXT alot.....so you have friends.
    WHen kids are little, it is only natural that you won't be getting out much. Maybe when the weather is warm you can take walks with your kids and meet neighbor Moms...the nice weather brings out the SAHM's. I was happy to be home spending time with my kids. We were transfered a lot ---Air Force---and there were always new people to meet at the new AFB but hard to meet them when you have little kids. You just get used to being with the kids.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thxx to all of u... i'll gonna be trying someof ur answers..... ijust started selling avon two weeks ago...lol.. i was hoping to get out more but hasnt happen yet... lol thxx again if u like to add me on here or facebook plz do... FB - kandi stewart :)
    lil_boo_kandi

Comment by lil_boo_kandi (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I am a sahm to and none of my friends dont have the time for me...Thats why I signed up with cafe mom to make friends that I can relate to and I do have trouble leaving the house because I no friends to hang out with...
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Of course we don't go out much, we are SAHMs that's our job. I do have friends a couple of good friends but their kids are all grown.I love what the first poster said...the drawing is nice.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 2:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011