So after 1 and a half weeks of being a SAHM...I must be doing something wrong...

I was the 'working mom' for a long time. I advocate for both sides but I always remember people saying that being a SAHM was the hardest job they ever had. All I can figure is I am doing something wrong but the is a piece of cake! For the first time ever my laundry is done and my house is spotless, my 2 year old has been home every day with me and we have gone to the park and colored. I got to finally watch a movie I had been wanting to see and I scoured the kitchen at my own pace with one one breathing down my neck. This is fabulous! I am a little upset I have to keep looking for a new job. Working sucks after this. Am I missing something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• It's wonderful that you're enjoying your time as a SAHM!! I really think a LOT has to do with personality and outlook. Some people might be fabulous in their professional career but they just shine like never before in a different job as a SAHM (though the good and bad). Other people really just don't enjoy all the stuff that goes with being a SAHM, and therefore it really is the hardest job they'll ever have. It has to do with a person's personality as much as with the situation (number of kids, money, space, help, etc.)

Sounds like you are a great mom. Enjoy!!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• HAHA!! Its only been a week!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• ...way to put down a lifestyle by saying it's not as hard as everyone thinks.
    jennifercalling

Answer by jennifercalling at 11:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No, I feel the same way!  I think it's all about mentality.  If you look at it in a negative way, then indeed, it will be negative.  I choose to look at it in a positive way and 90 percent of my days are spent happy and in a good mood with everything under control.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:55 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Wow thats all you have done in a week? No learning activities with your child? Laundry? Dishes? Nothing else? No volunteer work? Wow is all I can say.
    Anonymous

• Well personally I have 3 kids and another due in 2 weeks. I think being a stay at home mom is seriously more mentally challenging than anything.  So therefore, having a positive mindset works wonders. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well is early yet isn't it lol. I'm sure they'll be good and bad days, just wait til you start with the, "wait til your dad gets home!" I'm jealous though, enjoy the time until you have to back to work :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 12:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't agree that it is easy but I have been a working Mom and I would rather be with my little man any day!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i think its harder when you have more than one kid at home at the same time, especially if youre nursing and they're in diapers. I only have one little one at home with me during the day and it's awesome for me too. My house is clean, clothes are washed and dinner is done super early. I dont think you're doing anything wrong. Enjoy.
    gummybearmomma

Answer by gummybearmomma at 11:56 AM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Its easy when you first start I think lol. It also depends how many kids you have. How many activities kids are in. There are so many factors I think. Its alot easier for me now that 3 of my kids are out of the house. I just have 2 home, and one is 17 so it isnt like I am having to constantly monitor him like I do my 6 yr old. But when all 5 were home I thought Id lose my mind. Now it is just juggling after school sports, volunteer work, house cleaning, homework, and all of that.

Answer by gemgem at 11:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2011