You guys are going to think I made this up...lol

My baby girl will be 2 months old on April 4th...and she just rolled over from back to front..then from front to back right in front of my eyes!!!!

My mouth fell on the floor, but I KNOW she did it.

Of course when she did it, her arm was stuck underneath her like it is when they first start doing it...

But what in the world!!!! Is this not extremely early!!

I do have to say she has had tremendous neck strength since birth...and was also a big baby (if that has anything to do with it) she was 9.7 lbs....

Do I have an olympic athlete on my hands...hahahaha!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine rolled at a month. scary!!! I have it on video as proof.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• RIght after she did it I was wishing I had the camera going!!!! LOL Or course I never have it going during any really cool moments!!!

Glad to hear I am not alone or crazy! haha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• YAY CONGRATS!!!!!!! My kids were also strong babies. They didn't roll this soon, but My son was a week old and loved to be on his tummy when I was sitting with him. I have a video on an old phone of him lifting his head and holding it up looking around for about 15 seconds I was so happy and got it on video for the proof LOL!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 12:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• LOL! Its earlier than most but has been done before! :) YAY for firsts!!!

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It was most likely an accident. She was moving so much, it just happened. My son rolled off the couch when he was 2 and 1/2 months old. How, I can't tell you, since we had blankets rolled up next to him. But he did. Babies at that age just don't have the muscle control to do this on purpose yet.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I's not that early. Some kid's do it even ealier.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• If its an accident, then dont they still have to have the strength to do it unless there is an outside force helping..like in your sons case gravity helped or maybe a person pushing?

She was laying flat on the floor no touching or blankets or anything to help her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• YAY!! That is super exciting for you!! my youngest is going to be 2 months on April 13th and she rolled over from back to front two weeks ago...but just the one time lol I think my little wiggle worm just happened to move right cause she hasn't done it since lol but back to front then front to back sounds like it was on purpose to me! good for you and your strong little tike :)
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 12:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Glad I am not a nut! Sounds like its not that uncommon! My other two were closer to 3.5 months old.

Trust me after having two other kids, the last thing I am looking forward to is mobility! :) I like the age when you can lay them down and come back and they are still in the same spot you put them in! hehe
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My son rolled over on purpose at four months. But he rolled over on accident plenty of times before then. My mom says I rolled off the couch at two weeks old. She put a bunch of pillows down, "just in case", and I just quietly rolled onto the floor. I heard it was common for accidental roll overs because of how they lay down, and that it's common to roll from tummy to back pretty early too.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011