Do you think the 3D/4D u/s is a waste of money or are you going to do it?

I don't know b/c we need a lot of big stuff still and the price of one of those is like buying the stroller/car seat... It seems like a lot. Is is worth it?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My dad paid for mine, and it was SO worth the money. It was so magical to see him in there! Mine was $100, and that came with a DVD, 4 prints (she gave me 6), and guaranteed gender determination. If he hadn't paid for it I don't know if we would have been able to afford it, but even if you have to scrape it really is worth it.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 6:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I got mine done not too long ago. I absolutely loved it. The only thing is is that it's not guaranteed you'll see your little one. And lots of things can affect how the pictures come out and everything. If you've got the money to do it and take that risk...GO FOR IT! Good luck!
    Brittany1286

Answer by Brittany1286 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• It is so worth it, It is a one time chance to see your baby inside yourself. My baby came out looking EXACTLY like the 4d ultrasound. It was so exciting to do, to watch, and to show friends. BUT like many pocket books this time of the year, it is not necessary. You are going to see your baby in a few months. It is just a bonus to get to see it. Car seats and strollers are a PRIORITY. Maybe you can ask friends and family to help with the cost of if. Mine was only $75 dollars... Havent watched it since i've had my baby girl though. Not even enough free time to wash my hair everyday. So just weigh out the pro and cons.and remember that it is in no means necessary, but it is not a waste of money.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• We paid 300 to do 2 sessions. one at the 2nd trimester and one during the 3rd. I wanted to see how much he changed inside me. However...the 2nd one was okay, it was great to see him but he was very thin. the 3rd trimester came out awesome. I had such a closer bond with him knowing what he looked like and feeling him move. I would say it's definitely worth it but do it in your 3rd trimester. The lady who did ours said the best pictures are around 28weeks. If you wait much longer, then they get to big to see to much of their body at once. I think we did ours at 29 weeks and they were awesome!!! I will do it again if we have a 2nd child and I will treasure that first picture forever!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I did it and it was AMAZING! I would definately recommend doing it, unless you are tight with money. We paid for ours, but also got virually everything else we needed from our baby shower (and Xmas soon) I agree with britni11, I got mine done at 29 wks which its good to do it between 27-30 wks for the best pics! GOOD LUCK!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• i had one done and it was worth the money, however be very careful about who you go to. i wont go into details but just be very careful.
    kaysons_mommy

Answer by kaysons_mommy at 9:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2008