Yep it's all my fault (alittle long)

so myson's father wont talk to me or look at me and last night my son and i went to where his dad works for supper. (i use to work there to) my son and i went back to the kitchen real quick to say hi. his father didnt evn look at him or say anything to him. i text him later on (i was mad of course) so i text him "thanks for ignoring your son" he replied "ive gotten use to not seeing him what do you want me to do jump 4 the sky when i see him god knows when ill get to see him next" ive been trying to get him to see him for a long time ive invited him to doctor appointments to the park etc. and he would ignore me. then he would go around telling people i wouldnt let him see his son. ive gotten tired of trying and tired of being the one to offer if he really wanted to see his son he would be asking and i would be ok with him seeing him i shouldnt have to go find him just for him to see his son. Am i wrong for this?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 12:21 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• hmm.. think we have the same ex... pity party central!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Do you have a visitation schedule? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it. Stop making plans for him...if he wants to see him so bad, he will get ahold of you.

If you do have a schedule. If he doesn't make arrangements within 30 minutes of the visit, you can do as you please.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• get him to sign over rights - his son doesn't deserve that
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Are you open to letting your son go with him without you around?? Or do you only invite him to see his son when your around?? You two need to set up some sort of visitation agreement because it sounds like both of you want the same thing?? For your son to spend time with his father?? Right?
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 12:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• no visitation schedule at all and he wont ask and i would like myson to know his father but its like he dont care and he wont sign his rights over because of his parents
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• he acts like he cares 1 day and txt me and all of that then i dont hear from him for like 3 months ive even sent him a crap load of pictures and he just ignores them
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well, if he doesn't care to make an effort, I wouldn't push it.

If he is like this when your son is young, he probably won't change and IF he does later, your son will already have an opinion of him. He will see that mommy makes an effort but daddy doesn't. Just make sure that you let your son make that opinion, don't say things to make him feel that way.

"dad" will one day regret it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Wow- he sounds like a douche. He should not have ignored his son, and if he REALLY wanted to see his kid, he'd be making some effort!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would send HIM a text and say : If you'd like to come get son and spend some time with him I have no problems with that. (just give me enough time to get him ready for the day for you). Other wise I will not bother you.

And just saying to you.... why in the world do you feel you have the right to put yourself in the mix of him spending time with his son?? meeting you at the park, \\ Who wants to spend time around the ex like that. You guys spilt up for a reason and I'm sure he doesnt feel the need to be around you in order to see his son. ( not being mean.... just asking.)
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 12:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Because he had or has a drinking problem and drug problem and I honestly don't trust him by himself with him I've seen him with kids and its pretty scary and he knows how I feel and he even said it was fine when we first started talking about him seeing paxton more
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011