Your worst experience at a restaurant?

Whether as a customer or as a member of the staff, what is your worst experience in a restaurant?!

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Would have to be when I was a waitress at a local hometown restaurant. I saw that the cook was dipping mayonnaise from a large tub that had a gigantic roach it it. He knew he was doing it too!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I went to a local chinese restraunt with my hubby and got the WORST service I have ever had any where...the waitress came for our order and we weren't sure what we wanted yet but we knew what appatizer we wanted so we said we would like to start with your crab puffs and we will need a bit more time to look over our choices for dinner...she said sorry I dont want to have to write two tickets for the back so you will just have to order your crab puffs when you know what you want and she walked away...wow rude but what ever ya know then when she came back we ordered our food and she asked if we wanted drinks and hubby ordered a soda and I wanted the fresh mango lemonade discribed in the menu so I ordered it and she said ya know I have to go back to the kitchen and make that myself and I dont want to so you should just order a soda...no joke...hubby and I had a chat with the manager and then left
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My hubby ordered hot wings and they were RAW in the middle!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• As a waitress at a Mexican restaurant a woman came in with her family and insisted our tortilla chips were made of corn, they werent. We made them ourselves they were flour. She ordered food off the menu and insisted her childs quesadilla was made of corn tortilla, again, flour. She sent it back, got chicken nuggets, sent those back & said they were made in corn oil, again no, we didnt use corn oil. This happened oh atleast 5 times and she got really bitchy. I lost it and told her if she didnt want anything with corn maybe going to a Mexican restaurant was a stupid idea. Normally I might have gotten in trouble for this, but my boss was as fed up with this bitch as I was. My boss added the tip to my customers bill, so I lost nothing either. Some times I think people bitch just to bitch.

Answer by gemgem at 12:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I would have to say when I worked at a pizza place...There was this guy who liked to manipulate the other employees, well we got a new store manager and he didnt like him and I wasnt going to lie for the manipulator, so anyways he called the cops on the new manager saying that there was pounds of marijuana in the walk-in, the cops came during our dinner rush, I was a delivery driver and had no deliveries at this moment the cops came in and asked the store manager to step outside so he looked at me and said can you handle the store alone? I said yea...next thing I know another cop comes in and wants to talk to me and he goes we got a tip that there was marijuana in the store and asked me to take him for a walk to search the store so i did, he found nothing...Manager came back in and we went on with our night! Wow, I just can't believe some people!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 12:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I went to a Perkins. They took 30 minutes to get us drinks. And almost an hour for food, and gave one kid their food and the others had to wait 15 minutes. Was she trying to raise hell? Then my daughter, 3 at the time, refused to use the potty there because in her words, "it's too nasty in there". I certainly didn't make her! It was so gross, ant traps on the floor, TP everywhere, and mold!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't eat meat, and at one family-style menu I ordered the grilled cheese. It came to me with bacon. I asked the waitress to take it back because I couldn't eat it with bacon. She said "Well, we'll have to make it again for you." I told her I understood and would wait. So five minutes later I got the same sandwich with the bacon removed. I asked to speak to a manager, that I wanted a grilled cheese with no bacon. Waitress gave me the stink eye for the rest of the meal.
    Anonymous

• that would be over 10 years ago at my junior prom.. my date got up and raised his fist at one of my best female friends.. idiot!
    Anonymous

• We went to Pizza Hut once as the beginning to a date night, and my DH got up to go to the restroom during a LONG wait for our food. A waiter came around the corner, stumbled, and spilled steaming hot tomato sauce all down my DH's leg! It was awful! Needless to say we ate for free that day- too bad we had to argue over it though! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My worst experience was as a hostess of a 5-star restaurant. We were closed for a few hours between lunch and dinner (to reset the tables in different cloths/plates, etc, and for staff to take a break). As lead hostess, I was required to stay at the front during that time to answer phones and speak to anyone who approached (it was at a resort hotel) and to take reservations for the evening. We had leather-bound menus, which were expensive, and were not supposed to give them out because they would get lost. Instead, we had smaller paper menus to give out to people who asked. Also, we had a menu posted inside a brass stand. A man came across the lobby from the bar and asked to see a menu. I politely directed him towards the brass stand where he could see it. He turned and gave me the nastiest look I've ever received. It was very intimidating and I could tell he wasn't going to be satisfied, so I gave him one of the
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011