Nite nites!!

ok i have a 2 yr old and to get him to go to sleep at nite in his bed is like impossible and i blame my mom to for it because she will sit and rock him to sleep while watching barney or elmo and he thinks elmo and barney should be in 24-7 so now me getting him to just go to sleep in his bed is a nightmare any advice how i can break the BABY ROCKING habits???

kolbysmama20

Asked by kolbysmama20 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I['m sorry to say it but let him cry. It will hurt your heart, but he willb eokay. THey ahve to learn that you won't cater to them. THe other cjhoice is limited rocking but no TV. I will tell DD ok - Mommy will rock you and you get 2 lullabies, what song do you want? THen the trick is to stand firm to only 2 - even if they pick short songs or whine when you try to put them down. This is only my opinion of course, but it has worked for us. Good luck Momma!
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 1:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• THANKS I WILL TRY THAT 2NITE!
    kolbysmama20

Comment by kolbysmama20 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• bed time routine.. bath, book, bed.

no tv an hour before bed because it can make them stay up longer and cause restless sleep.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011