I have a problem and was wondering if anyone had the same problem so I get super excited at Toys R Us insted of my 7 month old my family says that buying the toys and going is just for me lol does anyone else get excited ? Or is it just a first time mom thing... Or a shop aholic thing lol

Everytime I go I spend at least $100 lmao

christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 12:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• i dont go to toys r us, cant afford that right now but i do go nuts at dollar tree LOL dh forbids me to go in there with more than $20 at a time. i love all the little things they have for kids there
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 1:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• ugh.. I am SO the same.. once my son turned 2 and got that super excited happy laugh and giggle I went nuts with him for about 6 months until my husband said it was time to stop - I still want to buy him the world but I hold back more lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't see anything wrong with being happy about making purchases, especially ones for our little ones.  I love finding the latest educational toys for my little ones, THAT gets me excited.  Oh and find those things and then they actually freaking work, that's orgasmic, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well..the 7 month old won't get excited about a toy store because even something as simple as mommys keys is an awesome toy to a 7 month old,lol
    I love toy stores too and I could spend a couple hours just browsing ...easily.
    Its your first kid..have fun..as long as your not breaking the bank and not paying bills just to buy toys..youre alright..noone elses business.Have fun :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• yep I used to get excited too. Specially when I found the perfect toy they wanted for the holidays. It doesnt stop either. My dd and I where searching and searching for a certain pillow pet for her best friends Christmas present. She finally found one, the only one left at Toys R US, it was like looking at a two yr old,,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I went nuts with my first child as well. Anytime I had a break or a day off I was taking him to the store and buying anything I could afford without going broke. I do not see anything wrong with doing that. Now with my second baby and me staying home I cannot do the same for her. It breaks my heart but whenever I can sneak a few things in I still do.
    If you can afford to do it then I say go for it.....who cares what anyone else thinks. Its your baby and there is nothing wrong with wanting to give them anything you can.
    MAMAPANCAMO

Answer by MAMAPANCAMO at 12:43 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I love buying toys for my son, and sometimes we go shopping because Mommy is sick of his toys and wants to play something new. A few extra toys and a trip to the store (if realistically in your budget) to bring some joy is alot cheaper than therapy.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Same here!
    I LOVE getting things for my little guy. I do most of my shopping online, but I get so excited picking out what to get for holidays and birthdays...it's hard not to go overboard.

boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 1:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I LOVE going to TRU! lol When my first was a baby, I was definitely more excited than she was. It's a mommy thing!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011