Do your child ever ask there grandparents non stop?

my son does everyday... he loves his grandparents always asks for his Pappy, nana, sean everyday it seems like... and it breaks my heart cause we don't live that close to them and we see them every other weekend and he'd rather see them everyday... we do the web cam but it's just not enough... so we tell him in a little bit we'll see them... it's just so sad to me.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 12:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know where my kids got the idea of a "grandma" at but it's heartbreaking to try to explain to them that they don't have a grandma.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No but I bet that would be hard.. I am lucky my son wants to be around MOMMY All the time :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My son did that as well once we moved away from his nana. I know it is heartbreaking but I promise it does get better. As time goes on they do understand. Kids are very resiliant. I know its hard but hang in there.
    I do not know if this will help you, but when my son was too young to write I would design a time to draw a picture for my mom or my dad and he would help me mail it to her and they would draw pictures for eachother and send them. Now that he is in kindergarten they started writing books together. My son starts off with a paragraph we mail it off....then my mom adds to the story and sends it back for him again. Its letting them use their imagination and lets them still be able to do something together even though they are far apart.

So even if they play a gaime of tic tac toe for example you let them start it send it off. That way they are still able to play or do things they love with them.
    MAMAPANCAMO

Answer by MAMAPANCAMO at 12:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My mom babysits for my son two days a week and often sees him more than that and I get the same thing at my house. I wouldn't feel so bad about the distance its just a love thing.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• i live in the same small town as my parents and my kids only see them every couple weeks because of everyones daily life with work school ect. and yes the ask to see them ect. but i dont feel bad about it
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Only when they are in trouble, they want to be saved by them... But the rest of the time, they just want mommy and daddy. We are more than they need.
    Anonymous

• hotelmom- you are right i shouldn't feel bad but he loves them so much i wish he could see them more.

my son doesn't ask for them when he is in trouble he asks for my husband or me to save him... my son loves being with me and my husband all the time but he really loves his grandparents and misses them... he is very close to them.
    Lynnsae

Comment by Lynnsae (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011