What kind of GPS navigation system do you have?

We are looking at buying one soon- and aren't sure which are the best? Is it true that you have to pay $100+ for a sperate disc to update the system also? Do they have any that you can just buy and not have to buy something else seperate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Travel

• We had a Garmin Nuvi til it burned up.. it was a great GPS.. we're getting another one soon.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Oh.. I think for that one I know you can a free upgrade, I don't know how often you get them though.. and I don't know anything about the discs.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We didn't buy anything seperate for ours, we have a Magellen.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:49 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Some you can get free upgrades for, others you do have to pay a ton. We had to pay $150 for our upgrade. We have whatever is in my jeep commander, and hubby uses his phones. Go into your local Radioshack and ask them, they are awesome what that type of thing.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have a TOM TOM, one of the cheapest on the market and it works great for us. Does exactly what I need it. It just doesn't have any bells ans whistles.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:55 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We have a Magellan and didn't buy anything separate to update it.

Answer by missanc at 1:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have a Tom Tom. It works great. My DH does it so I am not sure but I think you can hook it to your computer and down load one update a year for free or for a small fee. You can also subscribe to them for a higher fee to get one update per quarter, again I think. The only times we have gotten an update is when we have gone on a long trip(3+ hours from home).
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 2:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We have OnStar.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• A husband who knows how to read a map. We don't need a little machine giving us wrong directions.
    Anonymous

• Since when did men learn to read maps correctly?? New one on me- lol. Plus he is always driving and the ones we have tried always give correct directions:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011