Fixing my hair!

I was pregnant at the end of last year (the pregnancy ended, I didn't have a baby) so of course my hair started to flourish. And of course, it started to fall out after the pregnancy. My hair wasn't super healthy before pregnancy, as I dyed it about four times last year... but it wasn't bad. I bought a shampoo bar from Lush, called New, which is helping my hair to grow back. Now I have a lot of shorter hairs on top of my head. I actually had to cut myself bangs again to cover up the short hairs hanging in front of my face. So my hair is growing back, which is good, but every time I comb it, I'm still pulling out a LOT of it. I brush it every day, so it's not all that knotted, but even the tiniest knot will result in a huge clump of hair being pulled out.

So what are some things I can do to make it healthier?

I'm getting a hair cut when I get paid (I haven't had one for over a year) so I'm sure getting rid of the split ends will help - last time my hair was this unhealthy I chopped it off into a bob and that helped, but I'm set on keeping the length this time.

Are there any conditioners or affordable hair treatments anyone can suggest?
Maybe a better type of brush/comb I could use?
If there are any other Lush addicts out there, I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions of products from there.

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'm a licensed cosmetologist. There are many way to help your hair. Taking one prenatal vitamin can help as well has regular trims. A lot of hair treatments only help temporarily. The best thing you can do is eat right and drink lots of water.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 1:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• When you get your hair cut, ask the stylist, they should be able to tell you about affordable stuff you could use.
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 12:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011