ANYBODY EVER SOLD ANYTHING ON CRAIG'S LIST BEFORE??

My S/O and are are selling an item on craig's list and I was wondering how did it go for any of you. I am sooo skeptical because I want to make sure the people who are responding are legit! Just curious!

Thanks!

NewMayMommy_25

Asked by NewMayMommy_25 at 12:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You WILL get alot of bogus spam emails. So make sure you get at least 2 emails back from the person that reponded before giving your phone number. The safest way to sell something would to meet in a public area.

I have been using craigslist for 2 years though and besides the spam emails I have had a great experience. I haven't SOLD items but I have put up "FREE" items for people to come get. I have bought a couple things like a train table and puppet theater. Everytime I bought something I always talked with the person on the phone first and I've meet them at their home. Most of them had a nicer place then me! lol
    Anonymous

• I haven't had any problems. I sold a bunch of baby stuff.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:52 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have sold a few things, baby stuff, and such, and a few items on the ''free section'' such as baby food...haven't had any problems, besides the one's who say they're going to show and never do. Meet in a public place, and bring someone with you =]
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:53 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I've sold quite a few things as well. I keep my e-mail anonymous to avoid spam and I don't add my phone number to it. I also usually state that if the listing is still up it's still available....you tend to get a lot of e-mails that just say "Is this still available?" and it gets annoying.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:56 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I sell stuff on there all the time(in fact I have 6 things posted right now) So far I have never had a nissue. i do see postings all the time about people who are spamers so watch out for that. besides that I would have to agree with the other ladies. Public place a bring a friend.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I have sold a few things...and purchased as well.
    It was pretty easy. If I receive an email from someone interested, I give my phone number to call and speak to them directly. If it was a man I just made sure I scheduled pick-up when my DH was home.

Just don't give you address until the LAST moment so you'll feel more secure. I only give it over the phone once we confirm everything.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 1:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My hubby sold a lot of stuff on CL. He just picked a very public place to do the trade offs. You never know w/ people these days. (Craigslist Killer - true story). The only thing you have to watch is buying stuff. Hubby got screwed on a tv, (worked fine at first, then got it home and it started messing up), and an I-phone, that also worked at first, then stopped. There are scams too, so your best bet is to try to find someone who lives around you instead of dealing w/ shipping. We almost bought a car, but found out it was a scam. Also had someone wanting to purchase a tv from us, but they lived out of state and wanted to deal w/ overnighting a check and all this stuff, that turned out to be a scam as well. And hubby recieved a check in the mail, when he called the co. to figure out why he got it, he found out it was a true check but that a bunch of ppl. were getting checks too, and their info was gotten off CL. Someone was
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 1:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• trying to screw the com. over, and so they were sending out payroll checks to people. Prob. an ex employee or a employee that got screwed over one too many times. Had hubby cashed the check (which he wouldn't have) he could've gotten in trouble w/ the law. YOu just have to be careful.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 1:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I sold a car on there once- it went in like 2 hours, for exactly what we asked for :) Just don't respond to any generic-sounding emails. Let people call you. It's easier that way.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• OP yeah that sounds fishy....say CASH ONLY. If they ask why say because you've had problems with buyers reversing paypal payments and you being out the money, so it's cash and carry only.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011