How do you know if your muscus plug has came out? Wat are some signs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Mine never came out, I never dilated. My friend's did and she said it was a really big snot looking thing, you couldn't of missed it. If you are questioning it call your doctor to inform them.
    Anonymous

• A big chunk of mucuous in the toilet or in your underwear would be the biggest sign. Lol... It can also come out in smaller pieces. It can look like a variety of things, different colors, sizes, shapes, etc... But if you lose it you'll probably notice.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 6:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• If you lost it all at once, it's very likely you'll notice. (You can kinda feel it coming out...ew. :-P) But it can also come out in pieces, which you may just mistake for normal discharge.

Unfortunately, the plug isn't really a reliable indicator of labor (it can re-form), so whether or not you lose it doesn't really matter! I lost mine at 38 weeks and didn't go into labor until 41. :-P
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I never saw mine. My water broke and if it came out with that, I didnt see anything.
    lilmizmoore

Answer by lilmizmoore at 6:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• The only way to know if it has come out (other than seeing it fall out) is to get your doc to check you. If it falls out in small pieces looking like discharge, it's likely going to be the only way you know, by exam.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2008