What family activities do you like to do on weekends?

We love to take the kids to the following:
park, movies, museums, zoo, aquarium, going to fast food to let Dominic play, picnics etc
Sometimes we do not have the mone to do these things. So what creative things do you and your families do?

MAMAPANCAMO

Asked by MAMAPANCAMO at 1:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Entertainment

• We do the movies, play ball with the kids- like baseball. The kids usually have their weekends planned out though since they play sports so normally we do those practices or games, and than go out with the other families after the game for pizza or whatever. In the summer we swim alot, go to the movies, the park (we have one with water shooters the kids love), roller skate, trampoline, and things like that. We also do arts and crafts.

Answer by gemgem at 1:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• In the spring/summer, I am a yard sale addict...though I may have to start doing that on my own, since DH and DS don't love it like I do LOL
    We usually go out to breakfast one day and make a big at-home breakfast the other day, then go to a museum, local event or park. In the afternoon/evening,we either say home or go to a friend's house for some shared family time and the kids can play, if we're not inviting them over to our place.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 1:03 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I like to look in the newspaper every week to see what fun and free things there are to do. I love going on family outings to festivals and craft shows.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 1:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• parks, movies, museums, community shows/benefits (boat shows, arts/crafts, car shows, sportsmans shows..there's always something fun to do or look at for kids, and they usually sell fairfood. :)
    soccer/baseball games are starting again, so that's on the schedules, too.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We do the dinner/game nights with family as well. I always love doing that! We all get together once a month and have huge dinner parties and play games with all the kids afterwards. At night my son and I always have movie camp out night. We blow up the air mattress and "camp-out" in the livingroom. Its just me and him time without the baby. He loves it.
    MAMAPANCAMO

Comment by MAMAPANCAMO (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My kids are a bit older they are teens 13 & 15 , we when we are home together: in the winter we play wii, and play board games , and . rent movies. And we play cards And dominos.in the spring pretty mch the same thing plus we add going out for walks and bike rides. We go to a hiking trail for that. And in the summer we still do all that plus we go to grandmoms and go swimming. She has a pool there.And of course we have friends over and they bring their teens over and vice versa. Thats what we do when theres no money to spend. to do anytrhing on the week-end.A nd when friends on nice days we go out back and talk and have some laughs ,we play volleyball, horseshoes, ring toss, badmitton. And on rainy days We get some games out and play teams, And rent movies , and of course we have lots to talk about first,
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 1:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We spend time with family or friends most weekends, and some weekends we go to the park, children's museums, art museums and botanical gardens, or the zoo. We're members at a botanical garden/museum in the area, and we're zoo members, so I would say those are fairly common places to go. Occasionally we'll take him to some kind of kids' activity places too. We've taken my son to aquariums when we're out of town, but we don't have a big aquarium near us (there's a small one at the zoo). I'd like to take him to the Chattanooga Aquarium sometime soon. I bet he'd love it! Sometimes it's fun to just play at home or around the neighborhood too--maybe go to the pool in the summer or go for walks anytime that it's nice.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Movies and love to go to the parks
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 9:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• park, museums, zoo, aquarium, picnics, arts and crafts
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2011