5 mos prego w braces. My ob won't approve to get dental cleaning so my ortho can't con't working on my teeth til after!!! Been there???

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Why won't he approve it, or why would he have to approve? Most drs think your teeth cleaned while pregnant, just don't get xrays.

Answer by missanc at 1:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I had my teeth cleaned during pregnancy...just no x-rays...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• you need your teeth cleaned with braces!!! they can start to rot. sounds like you have an idiot ob
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No, the reason why they dont want her getting work done on her teeth is bc the way that she has to lay almost completely on her back the entire time. Her ob isn't a quack. It's in most pregnancy books. I'm sure if you talk to your doctor and your dentist about have you propped up, they will work with you and your doctors requests.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• So odd... I get a cleaning every 3 mo because the gums are so tender and pregnancy can be hard on the teeth. My ob has no issues just no x rays...
    Elysium927

Answer by Elysium927 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It's actually recommended that you get your teeth cleaned during pregnancy. The bacterial build up in your mouth is supposedly linked to some birth defects. I actually never got my teeth cleaned during pregnancy but I do practice good oral hygiene and have excellent nutrition which is really more helpful.

But for you, look up the recommendations on teeth cleaning and take that to your Dr and see if you can't get him to change his mind or find a different Dr. I've had braces and can understand the need to keep things going at a steady pace!
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 2:10 AM on Apr. 1, 2011