Toys R Us Rewards--feel ripped off.

Has anyone else encountered issues with Toys R Us Rewards. I find the rewards annoying where they only give you a small amount of points at a time, I get them in the mail the day they expire and have called and they won't do anything about it. I know I didn't read the whole fine print but their big Christmas program with a percent back seemed like on big giant scam to me.

hotelmom123

Asked by hotelmom123 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Shopping

• I totally agree!!!

We spent hundreds of dollars on Black Friday there. My mom, sister and I went, and we bought stuff for tons of kids. We used my rewards card because the cashier said we'd get 10% on a gift card mailed to us in January. Mid January came, and NOTHING was mailed to me. So I went online, and once they finally figured out my phone number situation, half the rewards were gone.

I called, and got no sympathy from the store. So I called the customer service number, and didn't get any help. I kept calling, because I wasn't going to take no for an answer when their cashier is the one that screwed up. I ended up getting to the escalation department, and was issued a $30 off $50 coupon, which was fine, because I still had $30 of rewards I could use to make up for the $20.

It's a stupid program...
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 1:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• In my case I had spent more than a usual amount of money because we bought our son a toddler bed there, then Christmas and because of the program I stocked up on some stuff with his January birthday. I also bought things like tub supplies and pull ups that I normally don't buy there figuring my bases were covered for the last minute birthday surprise gift. They sent me $5 that expired already and then another $5 that expired in like a week and then another $2.
    hotelmom123

Comment by hotelmom123 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Welcome to The United Corporations Of America.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 6:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Oh yeah, I only shop at Xmas and birthday time ( June, July ) and my points have always expired before I can use them. The program is free so I guess, if we get any ,its a bonus. unlike REI where I paid $20 and didn't get any dividend because even though I spent alot of money, I just bought sale stuff and only regular price counts. I will not be renewing that reward card.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 6:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011