What if?? adult content

what if some family member tried to put your son/daughter (step grandma) on the back burner because of a new baby!! what would you do cause im about to flip!!

kolbysmama20

Asked by kolbysmama20 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Relationships

• give the new baby sometime to shine and let the newness wear off..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Nothing, because new babies are exciting and I would try and remember how I felt when my babies were born. Plus, Id remind myself I cant control other people so I would love my child and give them all the attention they needed from me.

Answer by gemgem at 1:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• the bad thing it aint here!!!! so if she wants do that then my child wont b around here period!
    kolbysmama20

Comment by kolbysmama20 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Don't make a big deal of it, maybe a gentle reminder to grandma that the older child is feeling a little left out would help.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 1:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my MIL pays NO attention to my son. I guess bc I'm her daughter in law and not her "daughter" that my baby doesn't matter. It IS her son's baby though.... She has 2 daughters with children and they get alllll the attention. My DH notices and it hurts him. There's nothing we can do though. My Mom babysits for us and we are now closer with MY family bc of it.... His family side just doesn't care at all.
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My kids have been front and center in my MIL's life since they were born, because they were her first grandchildren. My SIL(her DIL) just had a bay just over a year ago, and for a while, the baby was front and center because he was in the NICU and when he got out because he couldn't go to daycare. He was #1 for a while, but now MIL treats them all the same. It's just the newness thing, and it will wear off, and HOPEFULLY all the kids will be treated the same. Good luck!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:40 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• The newest baby always gets all the attention. It wont last. Your kid cant be the center of attention ALL the time. just chill.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011