Tomboy Needs help?

Well when i was growing up i grew up around my male cousin and uncles and was also raised by my great grandfather ( was adopted by my great grandparents) until the age of 11 when he died and then was raqised by my uncle and then stayed with my biological mom for about a year. And i have females in my family that do dress up some ofr only specail occasion some all of the time and now that i am older i feel that i should be dressing more like a woman because i am 22 years old but then everything i look at i find somethign wrong with it because i am a Plus size woman ( 18 sized pants before pegnancy and xl shirts) and i am short i am only 5ft 2 so i was wondering if anybody had any advice i guess where to get clothes or how to even just kinda girlfy my own wardrobe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• try
    www.Torrid.com
    www.bellaonline.com/articles/art36774.asp
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Get cute shoes and don't wear t-shirts often. Good luck!
    Anonymous

• First don't wear something clingy.It shows to much of the wrong stuff. Nice tops make a big difference. Look at it, try it on, and if you like it, try it with pants. . different color jeans will make you feel different also with a nice top. You don't have to wear the high heels, dress, and stuff. You can look nice, dress comfortable , and girly at the same time. Jewelry helps.Don't be uncomfortable. Don't just get black clothes, get some color.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• maybe a girlee top( v-neck or a touch of lace) Also try to find a signature for yourself( for example,I wear a hairband daily) maybe always wear a necklace or bracelet or whatever you feel comfortable in.Also on Tyra(I think) she suggested wearing belts to help bring out the curves and not hide them,good luck,Robin
    ilovecoffee95

Answer by ilovecoffee95 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• add jewelry to your outfits and do you wear make up? sometimes makeup can make all the difference in the world.
    dont wear T-shirts a lot, maybe an empire waist shirt would look best on your body type with some jeans and cute shoes that match your shirt.
    Anonymous

• My best advice is to try things on in the store...a LOT of things...until you find something you really feel like you look good in and only buy things you REALLY like and will wear. Try different necklines, and don't be afraid to buy "your size"...I'm not especially thin, but I look better if I buy the 12 that I should rather than trying to fit a 10 and looking lumpy under my clothes. I mean in the store it kind of sucks to see the number, but after that, how often do you really think about what size your favorite jeans are?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• You're 22...do get your butt into a Torrid. I got two sexy dressed from there :-)
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:30 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Dresses* (I'm do homework right now LOL...getting confuzzled.)
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:32 AM on Dec. 1, 2008