'Mommy, I chokeded on some money adn now it's all the way in my tunny.'

Um. I can out of the bathroom and was informed of this by my 3 and a half year old. I am pretty sure this is not a problem but wanted to make sure. She'll poop it out right?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 1:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Hahahaha! She will probably be fine. Just watch to make sure she is pooping normally. If she gets backed up or says her tummy hurts, take her in. Don't you just love that when you have one spare minute to yourself, they cause some kind of terrible mischief?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Unfortunately youll have to watch for it. Gross, I know, but if she hasn't passed it in 3 days you'll need to call her doctor.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:23 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes. I guess as long as its already been swallowed without choking it will 'pass'.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:24 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• She should, but be careful because if it is still in her throat it could turn and become a problem good luck
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 1:26 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Uhhh, actually, you need to call your doctor. If money doesn't pass, it can corrode and cause poisoning, especially copper pennies.
    Newer pennies (post 1983) were copper-clad zinc and the zinc could damage the stomach lining or intestines if it "sat" in any one place too long. Always take your child in when they swallow a foreign object.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Oh. My. God!! I would have semi-freaked out! I agree with musicmom80. Take her in just to be safe. It could cause blockage or who knows what else. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 6:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011