What size does your 2 or 3 year old wear?

My son will be 3 July 5th.... thats in like 3 months.... and he still wears a 12 month! I just want him to grow. He is so much smaller than kids his own age and the play with him like he is a baby. Even adult talk to him like a baby. I know they don't know any better but its annoying. When we go to a store and he wants to be held and I tell him he needs to walk some people always give me a look like you're really going to make that baby walk?!?! HES ALMOST 3 PEOPLE HE IS NOT A BABY!!!
-- Ugh Sorry I just needed to let that out! :)

HannahLee87

Asked by HannahLee87 at 1:34 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• *hugs* my son was still in 12 months at 2 and everyone acted like I starve him, he's still tiny at 3-1/2 but finally getting in 3t.. he'll grow, vent away mommy
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My son just turned 3 2weeks ago, he is in 4t shirts and pants. My 19 month old daughter who is thin for her age/height is alreading wearing 18 months, or 18-24 month things.
    Have you taed to your doctor about his small stature? My nephew has a chromosomal disorder and will always be a little shorter and smaller than kids his age.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:37 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I feel for you on a slightly different level When I was little I was always tall for my age and people would give my hard time about buying the kids tickets for movies when I was six because they thought I was much older and people were horrified to see me with a bottle at one because they thought I was three and at three they thought I was too old for a carriage because I looked six. Your child is healthy will eventually grow in his time. People are just jerks and you have to ignore them. Enjoy the good things--I can'[t hold my three year old much because it puts my back out, I am buying new clothes every 3-4 months which costs a fortune. Sorry, its amazing as Mom's we can take a world of criticism but when someone sees our child as anything but average we truly melt inside. Hang in there. The smallest kid in my elementary school was a basketball star in High School at 6 foot 2.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• i bought socks for my 2 yo yesterday the size reads as 4T-5T
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 1:35 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• my boy is 3 in july and wear 2-3 but he really tall and skinny so salf the stuff needs belts he only a size 4 in nappys
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 1:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Talked*^
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My son was wearing 18 month size shorts at his 3rd birthday party, but needed 2T to 3T adjustable waist long pants for length. He's 3 1/2 now and can still fit in the 18 month shorts, but they are now looking a little too short even for shorts.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:39 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• SD will be 3 in September and wears a 3T/4T
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 1:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes BabyBugs, I have been to a few doctors and specialist for him and he is just small. They asked if he was eating right and enough and let me tell you he will out eat his 6 year old sister (who is also very small ...3T-4Tat the age of 6). .... When he started eating table food I acually had people come up to me a resturaunts and tell me I shouldnt be feeding my "baby" that!
    HannahLee87

Comment by HannahLee87 (original poster) at 1:46 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My son was always one size larger than his age

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 31, 2011