Has anyone successfuly lightened their hair in the sun using lemon juice?

I have to babysit all summer & they have a pool. So stoked that i will be poolside all summer. Anyhow, I've been wanting to get highlights & was told to try using lemon mixed with conditioner if i will be out in the sun a lot (which i will be)

Anyone have any success?

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 1:58 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• There's a spray called "sun in" and that works really well too. I do the lemon juice and it works, just make sure when you go to wash it, you USE CONDITIONER, because like anything acidic that comes in contact with your hair, it will DRY IT OUT. Condition to keep the moister in! :)
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 2:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• yes mam...You have to sqeeze lemons into a spray bottle and add water, and just spray it throughout the day...Good luck, take a before and after pic and you'll see the difference
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:01 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• actually, you won't just get highlights..it'll be allover lightening. the hair that is exposed to the lemon juice(acidic) and sunlight will lighten..not just highlighting. you can do the same with 3%peroxide.

..not that i'm suggesting this, of course. :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yup! Sure have. If you have dyed hair being in the sun will lighten it anyways. Lemon will help it even more.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:29 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I've done that sun-in stuff but it is not a very pretty blond.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:45 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Yes, i have heard that if i pull my hair back, it will primarily lighten the top & not the underneath which could give some strips once the hair is let down. We'll see....I'm going to try it. I'm already blond...so i can't screw up too bad...
    samurai_chica

Comment by samurai_chica (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Mar. 31, 2011