Breastfeeding doll

How do ya feel about it? saw it on the news last night.

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• All mom's are on here at different times and different days. Just because this has been asked before doesn't mean she doesn't have the right to ask it again(sigh). I think it is wrong on so may levels, enough said.
    Anonymous

• Adorable! I personally don't breastfeed cause it just didn't work out but as most people know it is the best way to go for a baby! And I will definitely teach my little girl about breastfeeding. I used to pretend I was breastfeeding when I was little. It was perfectly Innocent.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Although I won't buy a $99 doll she can pretend with a regular doll :)
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Just so ya know, this exact question has been debated every day this week.

I think it just fine. The little bra thingy is weird, but kids copy breastfeeding if they see it. They should be taught that its the natural thing to do and not led to believe that its sexual in any way.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 2:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I don't care for it but that's just me
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 2:04 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• vbruno....then you tell your son...hun only mommy's can breastfeed its the way God made us. Its not that complicated. Just explain that is for little girls not little boys. The same way we don't let our little boys put on nail polish cause it is for girls not boys. And it is good for little boys to know that breastfeeding is a good thing and its how some Mommy's feed their babies.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• no way, that's ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• I think it's a ridiculous price for a doll and capitalizing on a certain market. I feel that is really where it crosses the line. However I think it is really important to start teaching girls again that breastfeeding is normal, healthy and better than formula. Hopefully we can re-open society's mind to be more accepting of breastfeeding mamas.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 2:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• It's wrong! SOO wrong. What ya gonna do when your boy wants to play with it? hmmmmmm?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• um, ya exactly thanks anon!! I just saw it on the news last night & am not wanting a debate about it so if this question annoys you don't answer it.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Mar. 31, 2011