Sleep Overs for kids

My Mom never let me when I was a kid. Being a parent now, I can understand why the worry of it, not trusting people etc. How do you feel about it and what age would ya let your daughter or son go on one?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• i would love to have one for her she is 5 maybe for her 7th birthday ill do one. but going to someones house i would have to know them my friend was molested by her father and i dont trust anyone after i found that out he was a nice man always helped people out never asked for anything was poliet you never know.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 2:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• My kids have had sleep overs at their friend's houses, but I am also friends with the parents. If my child were invited to a sleep over at someone's house whom I didn't know, I'd either make it a point to get to know them first, or I would just tell my child "no, sorry".
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I'm not to that step yet... my DS is 4 and DD is 2, but they do go to stay with my SIL and my mom alot...
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:07 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Well, my dd's was good and bad. I think she was about 10 when we had it. Some kids didnt spend the night, they just came for the party and went home after that. It was hard to focus that many little girls on any one game. Everybody seemed to want to do their own thing. It got kinda crazy if I remember right. I had one girl in the kitchen eating cake under the kitchen table...lol. If you do have a sleep-over keep the number down to just a few kids cause from my expierence the best layed plan can go out the window
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:08 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• We are very privileged that at my kids' school everyone pretty much knows everyone else. Sleep overs at an early age (5-7) were never a stress factor for me. My DD loved spending time at different houses or having girls here.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:11 PM on Mar. 31, 2011