When it comes to making a decision if your husband says no and you say yes what do you do?

If there is something that means a lot to you and it is something you need your husband support for how do you decide if it is okay or not. Say it is something important to you and your husband says no. So that means you can't do it. Does that sound fair? So even though you say yes and he says no his no trumps your yes. IS THIS FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do you handle this?????????? I think it is wrong because, I care more about his feelings then he does mine. So I will let things go because I want him to be happy. So in the end he has more say so in what we do. I don't feel this is fair. What do you think and how do you and your hubby handle it??????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2008 in Relationships

• It depends really on what the decision is. We make decisions together and my husband always listens to my point and my reasoning for things, but he makes the final decision. It's respect and men NEED respect. If they are given unconditional respect they will give you unconditional love. Give it a try.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• That doesn't happen too often because we are both very supportive of ech other. I would never tell him he couldn't do something, nor would he do that to me. But if that does happen, we continue to talk about it until we reach an agreement that works for both of us.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 6:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• COMPROMISE, MEET HALF WAY.

Answer by older at 6:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• We usually talk things over and make decisions together. I don't think I ever said anything like(example) I want to buy a new TV and he just said no. And I said OK dear. We discuss it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• ALL men are such control freaks, and you know as well as I do if you aren't able to satisfy yourself then it will create resentment in your relationship, as well you do not know what decisions he makes without any thought to you because he is the "man". You have as much right to do something to that means alot to you The caveman mentality needs to go! Just because he says no, somethimes just means he is afraid of what you want to do may cause you to spread your wings and maybe be able to make yourself happy without him he loses his control. Be yourself do not allow him to control your life. He would not let you control him. We as woman give control over to these men in our live thinking we get equal thought well hon we don't they think it is about them! You don't need a mans ok to do something that is IMPORTANT to you. Stick to your guns you do not need anyones approval to do what you want in your life
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 7:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Be careful what you wish for. I wanted kids...he said no for three yrs...finally gave me two sons who are high manitenance whinny toddlers and he has dumped them all on me and wont lift a finger to help me with anything saying that I wanted them not me and he only gave them to me to make me happy...needless to say I have never been more misserable...just sayin
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2008