What do you think about mothers breastfeeding in public?

My Mom used to get so mad when we would see someone breastfeeding their baby. And personally I don't see anything wrong with it...As long as their breast isn't hanging out for everyone to see. I mean what is the problem they are just feeding their babies? What do you think?

Brandi300

Asked by Brandi300 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in General Parenting

• ITS BEAUTIFUL!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• What did I think - almost nothing. Seriously, it was like, "oh, she's feeding a baby". Right up there with, "oh, there's a squirrel". It's no big deal.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:19 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• You have to be slick about it. (I like that!) If somebody notices, you are probably doing it wrong. I don't know why in the world your mother would get mad. That is crazy. I have gotten away with it numerous times. I've had people come up to me wanting to peak under the blanket at a sleeping baby who were rather shocked when I suddenly pulled back and they suddenly realized why. Yah, I was that good! On the other hand I vividly remember being in a Kindergarten classroom and turning to see another mom nursing her little one (her baby not her 5 year old) and giving her a smile. Cause once you've done it you know the signs.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:20 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• No problem with it at all. I think people with a problem with it have some serious uptight issues.

Answer by gemgem at 2:22 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I used to think it was disgusting, but that was before I had a baby. Now I just don't care anymore. A lot of things changed when I became a mom. Heck, my SIL shows me her boobs and asks questions about them and I don't think twice about it lol
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Another thing , I figure thats what they were put there for. Its society thats made it a dirty thing. Its okay for women to wear shirts that show everything but their nipples. Nobody bats an eye lash over that. It frustrates me.
    pinkflowerpetal

Answer by pinkflowerpetal at 3:41 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I breastfed in public, I was just slick about it. No one saw anything.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I breastfed once in pubic. I was told that breastfeeding is like changing a diaper you wouldn't do it in front of everybody to see in public. I saw a documentary in Nat Geo where aborigines see breastfeeding as somethings as natural as smiling or walking...shouldn't be something to hide.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 2:17 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I BF in public. The baby has to eat when the baby has to eat. My breasts never show.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:15 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I think their nourishing their babies....what else should I think?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:16 PM on Mar. 31, 2011