How can this be easier

my 3 year old gets out of bed and comes into our bed. My husband wakes up from everything he used to try to wake me up , i bitch in my sleep which i don't remeber doing.. so he gave up on that, so my hubby lets christian sleep in our bed. he goes into our kids bed and goes back to sleep. He is tired of it..

I need to know what i can do to make this so i can wake up.. Do i need to sleep some where else to make sure i wake up when he heads in our bed??
He also sleeps with his door shut.

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 2:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Could your husband just take his child back to his own bed? Why do you have to be the one that does that? Just curious, not bashing, just wondering.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:31 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I agree with the PP. DH should put the kids back into their beds. If DD comes into our room, DH lifts her, and puts her back to bed. I never do it, for DH is stronger than I am when it comes to lifting a 4 yo child, so it gets to be his job. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Have you considered seeing a doctor about your sleep, they actually have doctor's who specialize in it and your inability to wake up for your kids seems to be an indication to me of a disorder--or of extreme exhaustion. I have had all sorts of sleeping scenarios that are not normal protocol so I am definitely not judging here but it sounds like you have a sleeping problem that isn't very easy to fix and your husband is putting a bandaid on the problem instead of working out a real plan to fix it. Perhaps you both need to sit down and come up with a plan because he thinks you should be the one waking up and at the moment you really and truly can't so he does as little as possible to get back to sleep and you both resent each other in the morning.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011