Best diet pill

I am looking to loose 5 lbs I put on this winter. I work out,eat reasonably healthy and drink a lot of water. Could anyone recommend a safe,effective diet pill to aid my efforts?

thecoffeefairy

Asked by thecoffeefairy at 2:27 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• The safest diet pill is the one you don't take!
    Really, I know that last 5 is tough...you'll just have to suck it and either trim some more calories out somewhere (there's gotta be some extras floating around...I have found them in my coffee creamers, finishing the last couple of bites of my kids food they didn't finish, sneaking a handful of cereal when I'm fixing the kids breakfasts) or turn your workouts up a notch to burn some additional calories. If you're exercising 30 minutes, go for 40. Or do some high intensity interval training which will kick your butt and help you get rid of that last 5. Something I started doing when I got down to my last few was adding walking on top of my regular workouts--I exercise hard core in the morning 5 days per week, then 2 or 3 times a week ,weather permitting, I walk for 45 minutes or so. I enjoy walking in my neighborhood anyway, and it burns extra calories.
    Continued
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:09 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• I started with Jillian Michaels 14-day jumpstart program. I lost 7lb just within those two weeks, monitoring fat intake and walking for 20min a day outside of my normal activities with a 2yr old and an infant. I didn't have to change much, except tackle my cravings for cupcakes!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Something that's really more a vitamin is fine....but diet pills are really not safe. All you need to do is make sure you burn 500 more calories a day than you eat (so, if you eat 1500 calories a day burn 2000 a day) and you'll lose a pound a week, without pills
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:54 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Sorry, I know none of us are really answering your original question, but I don't think any of us who are really into health want to recommend a diet pill that could be dangerous for you.
    Best of luck whatever you decide to do :)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:10 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Thank you for all of the gret input:)
    thecoffeefairy

Comment by thecoffeefairy (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Mar. 31, 2011