How was your pet after you had your baby?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 2:28 PM on Mar. 31, 2011 in Pets

• my pets were curious. always wanting to sniff him and what not lol
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Knowing my cats. They were Good. They were Good cats and got along well with our DD's. They grew up with cats and dogs and other furry and feathered animals! They Loved it! The cats & dogs got along great with the kids and it was a good life. Never had any health issues, eye infections. allergies or anything to mention. It worked out well for us!! Best of luck to you! Its always good in the beginning if your pet shows any signs of jealousy or feeling left out. To assure them they're still loved and a important part of your family. And I know you may be tired. But its worth it. But ultimately its your personal choice and preference.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 2:33 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• Two of my cats hid because they had never really been exposed to kids. My cat Dusty had been raised with kids (had hiim since I was 12) and he could have cared less about Kylie being there. In fact he adored her. My dog was 16 years old at the time and was slowly slipping away. But in the 5 months that she knew my daughter she looked out for her. Everytime Kylie cried Zippy made sure I was awake (if it was night time) or would follow me into the babies room to check on her.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:50 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• At the time my children were born I had a German Shepard/Rottweiler mix and a Rottweiler/Dalmatian mix so I was a little worried but they were very good - they were mostly curious about the baby, I'd sit on the floor and feed the baby so the dogs could come over and sniff her and watch me with her. Even when my daughters started standing/crawling/walking they were very good - they kept their distance so they wouldn't knock them down and were perfect angels when the kids would crawl on them and play with them. Sadly my rottweiler/dalmatian mix got sick when my 2nd daughter was still a baby and we had to put him down, then my rottweiler/german shepard mix became depressed (I got the dogs as puppies and he missed his brother), started chewing his fur off, and became more aggressive towards the adults in the house and we had to find him a new home.

anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 3:05 PM on Mar. 31, 2011

• MY DOG WAS SO GOOD HE WOULD EVEN WALK AROUND THE BABY BLANKET WOULDNT EVEN TOUCH THE BLANKET
    ShaunaMomma84

Answer by ShaunaMomma84 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• I have 3 cats. One was so scared of the baby he got stress diarrhea when we brought him home ( luckily he got over it quick, but yuck!), the second pretended he didn't exist, and the third fell in love with him to the point where we had to keep checking his room every time we put him to bed ( she would hide in the room until we left and then try to get into his crib to sleep next to him). Every time I put him down or sat with him in my lap she would dive in to get as close as she could, snuggle up and start to purr like crazy :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 1, 2011

• my lab was nervous till he started walking and my border collie was fine and then both of them used to bath him like they would a puppy.
    opinionatedmom

Answer by opinionatedmom at 12:47 PM on Apr. 1, 2011

• We have a cat thst was my hubbys before we were together and since the baby has come she hahs sadly been a bitch. She was not fond of me to begin with bt has gotten worse what we brought home the baby. She growls at him and peed on his chair the second day home. She used to be allowed on his counter and to sleep in his bed but since we have been togeter I have tried to stop this. I think shes jealous that over the years she is becoming less spoiled and has hit her "rock bottom"
    DMansMom005

Answer by DMansMom005 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 1, 2011